Sunday, April 27, 2008

Portland & Lunch in Vancouver

I extended my trip until Sunday, so Friday night I picked Melissa up from work and we went to stay the night with Jeff and Natalie in Portland. They have the coolest house and it was an amazing trip.


Behold the majesty of Jeff's workshop. He built that amazing workbench to the right and the dinner table to the left.
Natalie had just flown in from a business trip and was sick, but was in high spirits anyhow.

The garage became the smoking/hangout room because it was too cold to be outside.


The next day was sunny and warm, so after breakfast we headed to the coast. We went to a place called Cannon Beach - it's where the movie Goonies was filmed. The beach is about 20 miles from the town of Astoria, so there's no way the Goonies could have ridden their bikes. Damn Hollywood magic.

If there's anyway you can view this picture full-size, please do so. I caught this photo when the little gray dog had all it's feet in the air and it's really stressed out.
Melissa where everything lined up in Chester Copperpot's dubloon.

Us in front of the Goonies rock (Haystack rock).


This is the town of Cannon Beach. It's really cool.

I highly recommend the drive up the Oregon coast. It's in my top 3 drives of all time (with Hwy 1 up the California coast and the road to Whistler, BC). Look at that crazy bridge! Melissa had a panic attack driving across it.
This was much earlier in the week, but I drove up to Vancouver, BC and had lunch with Mark and Meghan. I forgot my camera during lunch, but this is their house and the view from the front porch! Vancouver is amazing.

9 comments:

Rotten Little Pony said...

Actually, I think it was Chester Copperpot's dubloon that lined up those spots, but I could be wrong.

DG Beat said...

Tricia and I are going to quit school and move right now. We'll have to sleep on everyone's couches, but you're cool with that right? Great photos. It will be our time, our time up there.

phases said...

im pretty sure that chester copper pots dubloon ....i think that moved something inside a wall and someone got their arm stuck. or .....it was the dubloon that lined the three up. ill watch it tonight and verify. my blog is for the fullers and other long beach lovers now

dean said...

long beach is for lovers.
I'll change it to Chester Copperpots balloon..

dean said...

Chester Copperpot's baboon?

Rotten Little Pony said...

The baboon was definitely Willy's.

Rotten Little Pony said...

The baboon was definitely your birth mom.

phases said...

the baboon is for lovers. love lovers. evolver

phases said...

earlier howard stern said that the dolphin at sea world died when he was in a head on collision while trying to ditch the humans.