Monday, July 14, 2008

Coal Creek Trail


Last Sunday, Melissa spent the entire day studying for the BAR, so I went hiking in the Coal Creek area. Here's a few snapshots...

I assume this is Coal Creek.

There were 3 bridges closed from storm damage, but I was still able to cross the creek at 2 of them.

Primrose Trail was the reason I came here - it was closed. I've read there's a cool waterfall and an abandon coal mine. I had to stay on Coal Creek...

Nice maze of steps and bridges winding through the forest.

Here's my artsy-flower pic of the hike.

This is to show the sky and weather we've been having. Perfect clear 74ยบ and it's not supposed to change for the next 10 days.


This was a cool water feature.  A smooth stone of some sort (say that 5 times fast).

Just above that last photo is this little waterfall. It's maybe 10 or 12 feet tall.

Abandon shed

This is the entrance to an abandon coal mine. It was fairly creepy, but I like the hanging ferns. 
It also has a railing around it, so it's not as dangerous as it looks.

Me and the railing.

Someone made a heart shape.

Coal Creek! This is gonna be a good place to take the dog.

All for now.

4 comments:

phases said...

dean. i love stuff

charles_h said...

Dean-O!

Check out your posted images again; I see SASQUATCH in one of them!
Won't tell you which one, though...

;-)

mark said...

looks like a good place to take me and megs. down for some hikin' when we come down!

dean said...

Is Sasquatch in the last photo, behind the logs?