Saturday, May 3, 2008

3 days left...

This post is mainly for Melissa, but you can look too.

3 days left until I start loading the moving truck, and here's the state of our house. There's a lot left to do, but it's mainly furniture and big stuff. I'll have you know, I missed a party with a DJ and 8 pounds of carne asada to pack boxes on my last Saturday night in Long Beach. That's dedication!


I almost have the ceiling clean!

I'm leaving the blog-posting station up until the last minute.


Our life, in boxes.
These are the big pictures and frames I still have to wrap.

The counters are full, but all the cupboards are bare.

I'm gonna miss this house.

This is off-topic, but I want Melissa (and other non-Designory friends) to see some of what my co-workers did for me. Really amazing stuff.

Rich made this frame with the Designory logo carved in the middle, and everyone customized a smaller square of wood based on the letter "d". There are other squares that didn't fit on the board, so I'm going to craft 2 smaller frames to hang on either side. This will be hung front and center in the living room and is one of my most prized possessions.


The "Hire Me (please)" tee shirt complete with resume on the back. The resume dates back to jobs I had in high school.

The "Deanless in Long Beach" slide-show movie of photos from many of my photo shoots along with some of the work I've done there. They hid it behind a copy of "Sleepless in Seattle" before presenting it to me.

That's all for now until something interesting happens.

2 comments:

Jack Crusade said...

we miss the LB too. A love hate relationship, but some damn good times within the past couple years wouldn't you say. We BBQ'ed the shit out of that place.

phases said...

its not "the lb" its just lb. if you wish to throw "the" in there, it will only work as "the lbc"