Friday, May 2, 2008

Gondola!

I was taken on a good-bye gondola ride with a bunch of friends. We cruised the canals and docked at Tantalum for drinks and food. Thanks to Mike Almquist for setting it up, Greg and John for rowing. It was awesome.

I pick up the moving truck in 5 days. This should be the last of the Long Beach good-bye party pics. I'm not eating or drinking until I get to Seattle.

Now here's a bunch of random, somewhat-out-of-order pictures.


This was early in the trip, when everyone was quite, polite and just getting to know one another




John and Greg had to duck under a bridge









Clint and Rich at the bar...

This is Alan's sexy row.



Alan actually rowed the gondola...

So did Mike...
And Tricia.


They stopped the gondola under a bridge and took turns singing for the group







7 comments:

Rotten Little Pony said...

That honestly brought a few tears to my eyes. Damn! I miss everyone so much. Looks like a great time! And off I go to a concert by myself. Which will really be a bummer when I stand alone waiting for the show to start and also right after during the quiet cab ride home. The rest should be fucking awesome!! I'll pick up a T-shirt for you if they're cool.

DG Beat said...

The time 7:07 p.m. It's the day after. I just rolled out of bed. I don't think I'm drinking until I arrive in Seattle too.

Rotten Little Pony said...

Great show. But, no shirts. Nice people. But, no friends. there will never be the measure or level of friends here that we have there. it isn't possible. there's just not that much love in the world, let alone in seattle, wa. we have the best and most loving friends in the world. Sucks for us that they're all in the LBC. But equally good for us that, at the very least, we know they actually exist - truly good friends. They're real and we know who they are.

dean said...

Whale Oosik!

phases said...

well, i hate to burst your bubble but no amount of snow, boards, little traffic, houses or anything are going to replace your friends, so ill keep the house warm for you because you will probably be back soon enough.
plus...the closest thing you have to long beach is jeff harmon, and thats a fucking bore

Rotten Little Pony said...

while I can appreciate the sentiment and while I know I have had the sincere privilege of becoming great friends with some of the most fantastic people on earth while in Long Beach, the fact that I now live a State away, in and of itself, will never be enough to get me to move back to Southern California. There are probably a ton of awesome people in Hell, too, but that doesn't make me want to live there. Consider finally making that change you always talked so passionately about and get the fuck out of there. Maybe, up here?

dean said...

I like your comment about nice people in hell.