Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nature & Thai 54

I was getting cabin fever, so went to find some nature. Because Melissa's already seen Snoqualmie Falls, I decided to check it out myself. I also drove to the the local ski resort just to see how far and what kind of drive it is (45 miles!). Along the way, I found some amazing trail heads but it was raining too hard to hike.

These are pretty much the same pictures Melissa posted about a month ago.


Even though the falls are really touristy, they're amazing. You have to see for yourself - the pictures don't do it justice. SO big and loud and ground shaking. I was lucky to see it with a really high water level. That building in the upper left is 3 or 4 stories tall to give some context. Completely breathtaking.

I love the low clouds whisping through the forrest.

I did about a 1.5 mile hike around the falls and down to the river. A light rain/mist in the air made for amazing conditions. This place is so lush and green (I guess everywhere is).


Squirrel!

It seems like the silhouette of a dog would be the easiest thing to do - what the hell is that?


The drive into the mountains. Clouds were really low.

I couldn't believe how much snow is left - look how high the banks are! We hear it's melting much faster than normal.

This is one of the ski resorts. If you look close, you can see a chair lift back there...


I picked Melissa up from work and we got Thai food at a place on that bridge behind her.

Mangos!


Smokestack!

The menacing sky over downtown...

3 comments:

DG Beat said...

Damn, Snoqualmie looked raging. So, can you two see yourselves living in Washington forever?

dean said...

Hard to say just yet. Need more time to settle in and form an opinion.

But so far, yeah.

Rotten Little Pony said...

So far, so good. I already think it's a much better place to raise kids.